ABC Veterinary HospitalVeterinary Technician
We are a small privately owned practice in Pacific Beach San Diego who strongly believes in communication, work-life balance, practicing high quality medicine and like to have fun! We love our patients and strive to ensure our patients love us back.
We are looking for a Veterinary Technician to join our team. The job of a veterinary technician is to offer support to our doctors, provide fear-free experience for our patients and assist with educating clients about their pets medical needs. It is expected of our technicians to be able to perform duties such as; blood draws, IV Catheter placement, surgical monitoring, basic technical work, client education/communication and great attention to detail.
To apply, please email your resume to [email protected].
- Can provide compassionate care to patients and clients
- Dependable and arrives at shift in a timely manner, and is committed to upholding the core values and mission of the hospital
- Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks
- Can legibly keep accurate medical records in accordance with hospital policy
- Can prepare and maintain the exam rooms and treatment areas
- Can proficiently restrain pets even when large, difficult or fractious *FEAR FREE CERTIFIED A PLUS*
- Can place IV catheter using sterile technique
- Understands all common vaccinations and vaccination protocols and can explain them to clients
- Knows all common preventative medicines and can explain their use to clients
- Has deeper knowledge of common medical conditions and their treatments
- Understands usage, knows the dosage, and common side-effects for commonly used prescription drugs, and can readily explain them to the clients
- Gives SQ, IM, and IV injections
- Can prepare and read skin cytology, skin scrape, and ear cytology
- Can handle clients’ medical questions with confidence and direct them to veterinarians when appropriate
- Can explain necessary follow-up and homecare instructions
- Can effectively position for and perform image capture of radiographs for basic/routine studies
- Knows common disease states and can alert veterinarians when symptoms change or when concerns arise with hospitalized patients
- Knows common diseases and how they are transmitted
- Admit patients following hospital policy and doctors’ written orders
- Discharge patients based on the veterinarian’s orders, ensuring that patients are well-groomed and in a medically appropriate state
- Work well with all employees and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors, and the practice philosophy
1 year minimum experience
Salary / Benefits
We can offer an alternative workweek schedule, 4 x 10 hr shifts, Saturday shift required (though may rotate with other technicians). Compensation based on experience and certifications, but ranges from $22-$25 per hour. We offer Medical Benefits, Dental, Vision, 401K, CE Reimbursement and Scrub Reimbursement.