Veterinary ServicePet In-House Laboratory
Whether for routine wellness visits or emergency care, our in-house laboratory saves vital time in testing and diagnosing. Our trained Technicians and Doctors use our sophisticated lab resources and equipment to better service your medical requirements and provide immediate solutions.
Pet In-House Laboratory in San Diego, CA
Because ABC Veterinary Hospital Pacific Beach is committed to providing your pet with the best possible care, we have a licensed local veterinary laboratory on-site to perform animal-specific pathology and serology tests.
Pet In-House Laboratory
- A blood test can measure the number of white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets in the body. Changes in these counts can indicate anemia, dehydration, infection, auto-immune disease, and some forms of malignancy.
- Blood chemistry tests are used to assess the health of the pancreas, liver, and kidneys, as well as blood sugar, protein levels, calcium, and phosphorus levels.
- When your pet is dehydrated or losing fluids due to vomiting or diarrhea, sodium, potassium, and chloride levels may be abnormal. Intravenous fluids and supplements may be recommended when electrolytes are out of balance.
- Point-of-care Snap tests are available for various infectious diseases, including canine parvovirus, giardia, leptospirosis, feline leukemia, and feline immunodeficiency virus.
- Microscopy: In-clinic needle biopsies of swellings or tumors are possible, as is the microscopic evaluation of bodily fluids such as blood and urine samples, samples of skin and ear secretions, and assistance in the diagnosis of systemic diseases, urinary disorders, skin and ear diseases, and the differentiation of benign from cancerous tumors.
The best in compassionate care
We serve the communities of San Diego, Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach, Imperial Beach, Mission Valley, Mission Hills, Clairemont, La Jolla, Encinitas, Del Mar, Hillcrest, and North Park.
Veterinary Services in San Diego, CA
Pet Wellness & Vaccines
Pet Parasite protection
Pet Health Certificates
Pet Pharmacy and Prescription Diets
Pet Puppy and Kitten Care
Pet Drop Off Appointments
Pet End of Life Care
Pet Senior Care
Pet Nutritional consultations
Pet Allergies and Dermatology
Pet Pain Management
Pet Diagnostic X-Rays and Ultrasound
Pet Behaviour & Training Consultations